2011 Happiness Challenge: For those of you following the 2011 Happiness Project Challenge, to make 2011 a happier year — and even if you haven’t officially signed up for the challenge — welcome! This month’s theme is Gratitude (I didn’t even consider the fact that Thanksgiving is coming up, very appropriate), and last week’s resolution was to Find gratitude cues in everyday life. Did you try that resolution? Did it boost your happiness?
This week’s resolution is to Remember the dog that doesn’t bark. (Spoiler alert: I talk about how Sherlock Holmes solves the crime described in “Silver Blaze”.)
If you want to read more about this resolution, check out…
Why a hurricane filled me with gratitude.
Gratitude journals, and the happiness of not having cancer.
If you’re new, here’s information on the 2011 Happiness Challenge. It’s never too late to start! You’re not behind, jump in right now, sign up here. For the Challenge, each week I’ll post a video suggesting a resolution for you to consider. For more ideas for resolutions to try, check out the archives of videos here.
How about you? Have you found ways to cultivate gratitude in your everyday life — and in particular, gratitude for things that didn‘t happen? I find it challenging.
* Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel. To get the weekly video by email, right in your email in-box, you can: To get the audio podcast of the video:
– On the GretchenRubin channel page, after you subscribe, click “Edit Subscription” and check the box, “Email me for new uploads.” Or…
– Go to your main drop-down box, click “Subscriptions,” find the GretchenRubin channel, click “Edit Subscriptions,” and check “Email me for new uploads” there.
– Log in to iTunes
– Go to “Podcasts”
– Search for “The Happiness Project.” Free, of course.
* Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel. To get the weekly video by email, right in your email in-box, you can:
To get the audio podcast of the video: